Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Umbrella Holders and Sun Shades to use on Wheelchairs

I just got a request for this information again, so I thought I would post it.

People are often looking for umbrella holders or sunshades that will attach to wheelchairs to keep the users dry or in the shade.  There are several "out there" if you run a search, but these are ones that I know families have used and liked...if you know of others that work well, please let me know, I would love to include them in the list as well.

Umbrella Holder (attaches to round or oval tubing of various sizes):  This one can be rotated to change the direction of the umbrella, or rotated down and out of the way when not in use.  It holds a "standard" golf umbrella (and all umbrellas with a straight handle)

http://www.amazon.com/Bag-Boy-BB17701-Umbrella-Holder/dp/B000FH6CS2/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1365611273&sr=8-5&keywords=wheelchair+umbrella
 

Golf Umbrellas in different colors:
http://www.amazon.com/Bag-Boy-Golf-Wind-Umbrella/dp/B004D0I2KS/ref=pd_sim_sg_2

Cool Temp Umbrellas (block sun and provide cool shade):
http://www.amazon.com/Coolibar-UPF-Titanium-Golf-Umbrella/dp/B002HI5X5U/ref=pd_sim_sg_5

Canopies for wheelchairs (these are customizable with lots of different fabrics and block the heat from the sun and rain):
https://www.facebook.com/emmas.canopies?fref=ts
 




5 comments:

  1. Your design and pics of the blog is really nice. More over the content is also very productive. Information you have provided is really very beneficial.and keep posting.
    Thanks..


    Vehicle Parking Structures in Amritsar
    Sun shades in Amritsar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. I am wondering if you know of any charities out there that would provide funding for my daughter who is in a wheelchair. We would love to have a "Hippocampe Wheelchair" but need help with finding. We are from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello. I am wondering if you know of any charities out there that would provide funding for my daughter who is in a wheelchair. We would love to have a "Hippocampe Wheelchair" but need help with finding. We are from Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Faye, If you send an e-mail to Chrissy at cscheer@hpnfs.com, she can send you a list of alternative funding sources that might help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing post that you have reveled here detains, thank you, check my listed Best Golf Umbrella For Sun Protection

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments, I would love to hear what works well for you and your friends and family members.